Jane Agnes Isaacs and Isaac Hugh Gabbard
Jane Agnes Isaacs was born on the 24th of December 1811, probably in Russell County, Virginia. She was the daughter of Samuel Isaacs and Nancy Baldridge. Jane married Isaac Hugh Gabbard on 27 Feb 1827 in Estill County, with consent given by Samuel Isaacs. The marriage bond for Jane and Isaac was filed in the Clay County Courthouse, but a note included with the record stated that the marriage took place in Estill County. According to the unpublished notes of Arch Bowman, who wrote a genealogical newsletter for Owsley County, Isaac Hugh Gabbard was born 14 May 1805 in Washington County, Virginia, the son of Henry Gabbard and Barbara Hunsucker. Nancy Baldridge Isaacs was living with her daughter Jane in 1860. The census indicated that Nancy was blind. Isaac and Jane Isaacs were living in Cow Creek, Oswley County in 1880. According to their tombstones Isaac Hugh Gabbard died in 1892 and Jane Agnes died 1 April 1896. Both are buried in Owsley County.
Children of Jane Agnes Isaacs and Isaac Hugh Gabbard
1. Elizabeth Gabbard was born 15 June 1829 in Clay County. She married John S. Reynolds 3 October 1850. She died 21 Oct 1901.
2. George Washington Gabbard was born Dec 10, 1830 in Clay County. He married Eliza A. Williams about 1851. He died 10 May 1911 in Cow Creek, Owsley County.
3. James B. Gabbard was born 3 Nov 1832 in Clay County. He married Elizabeth Ann Frost 1 July 1854 in Owsley County. According to the Owsley County Viral Records, "James R. Gabbard, 26 year old farmer, married, died 27 June 1859 of typhoid fever, son of Isaac H. and Jayne Gabbard, born in Clay County, but living in Owsley County."
4. Jacob Gabbard was born 19 Jan 1835 in Clay County. He married Elizabeth Peters about 1858. Jacob Gabbard gave a deposition in regards to the Civil War widow's pension application of Abagail Ball, widow of Addison Ball, on the 7th of March 1884. At that time he was living at Sexton's Creek near High Knob in Jackson Co., Kentucky. He was 49 years old and a farmer. He stated that he had lived on Sexton's Creek for about 14 years, and before that on Indian Creek in Owsley Co. KY, about eight miles from Boonville. He also stated that he was a Sergeant in Co. A. of the 47th KY Inf Vol, for about 2 months and then he was at home on sick furlough, and in the hospital a good deal as well.
5. Michael Gabbard was born 30 April 1837 in Clay County. He married Mary Ann Mangan 15 September 1864 in Chicago. He died 22 August 1902 in Owsley County.
6. Mary "Polly" Gabbard was born 10 May 1838 in Clay County.
7. Abel C. Gabbard was born 17 Sept 1841 in Clark County. He married Lucy Eversole about 1868. He died 10 March 1906 in Owsley County.
8. Abijah Gabbard was born 21 June 1843 in Clark County. He married Nancy J. Bishop about 1869. He died 1927.
9. Rachel Gabbard was born 17 September 1845 in Owsley County.
10. Margaret Gabbard was born 25 March 1848 in Owsley County. She married Elias Reynolds about 1867. She died before 1891 in Owsley County.
11. Martha Gabbard was born 11 July 1850 in Owsley County. She married Pleasant P. Reynolds in about 1875.
12. William Anderson Gabbard was born 3 June 1853 in Owsley County. He married Vanetta Lewis about 1879. He died 8 August 1927 in Owsley County.
13. Nancy Gabbard was born 16 Dec 1855 in Owsley County. She married Perry Reynolds about 1876.